5/9
Went to class this morning and went over things like “Do you like___?” “Yes, I like___,” “No, I don’t like___” “Do you want___?” “I want ____” and “No, I don’t want _____” We also went over the new class rules that have been set for all of the classes. Juan said he saw that one of our chickens was dead, so I went over to investigate after class, and saw that she was lying there not blinking or moving, even when I shook the big sheets of metal and made a lot of noise, so I thought she was dead, too. Anna went over and started petting her, and finally she started moving – a relief!
Anna and I went to Ceiba so she could get some pictures printed and I could try to get the Tigo deal sorted out and get my internet working again (finally after another couple of phone calls this evening, it seems to be working!). I also got coffee at Espresso Americano, kind of like the Honduran version of Starbucks. It was pretty good - so good to finally have some good coffee!! When we got back, we went to the hotel to use the internet and saw a HUGE yellow grasshopper – like the size of hamster(!!). I so wished I had my camera with me!
This evening we met the two new volunteers, Eddie, who will be at PEP, and Amy, who will be at SOS – a very nice couple! Around 6, Rolando came over and we went to Nic’s to work on reading in English. He said he lived in New York for 18 years, so speaks English really well, but reading and writing are difficult. He read to me out of a children’s book, and it was still difficult for him – it just shows how the US school system can fail people…he said he went to high school, but that it was so ghetto that it was hard to study, as the classes were out of control, people were in gangs, always screaming and fighting, etc. But he seems to be trying really hard, so I think he will really improve! He’s been working with Anna, and I said we can work on it 2-3 days a week while I’m here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HOLLY CRAP THAT IS A BIG GRASSHOPPER!!
ReplyDelete