Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Last day of the feria and the beginning of my last full week in Porvenir

6/28
This morning Juan and Vilma came over for breakfast (toast and jam) and then we went to the classroom to play hangman and the dot game before class started. We learned child/children and mouse/mice today, reviewed from yesterday, formed some sentences using the new words, and then reviewed the verb ‘to like’ and formed sentences using that and the words from this week. We also did a tripa with the new words, which they had fun with. After class, we had a watermelon snack and I was taking a few photos and they all wanted to take photos and have their photo taken, so they ended up taking 84 photos…thank goodness for digital cameras! They had a lot of fun with it, though, and ended up staying for nearly half an hour after class taking photos.
After class, I put the photos on my computer and then read and took a short nap since my stomach was feeling weird. When Shannon got back from the kinder, we went swimming…there were more waves today, but it was a nice swim! After that, we walked out to Pulpería La Económica to get veggies and watermelons, and I got some plantain chips as well.
When we got back, we had lunch and then I went to use the internet to update photos/blog and make reservations for places when Mom and Derek visit.

6/27
This morning Juan and Vilma came over around 7:45 as usual, and I was still eating breakfast. I told them if they like toast, they can come over for breakfast tomorrow. Before class, we played the usual games – hangman, tripa, and the dot game. In class, we learned singular and plural forms of several words – man/men, woman/women, person/people, tooth/teeth, and foot/feet, and then formed sentences with them.
After class, I went to Ceiba with Danny to get lunch and he got some movies (here they are only $5 for 3 movies!). We watched “Shadows and Lies” – it has James Franco in it, so I thought I would like it, but it was so weird!
After that, I went over to Charlie and Amalia’s to use the internet to upload photos and try to make reservations for Roatan and Ceiba.
After dinner, I read and then went over to Danny’s to watch a movie with him and Mandito.

6/26
Slept in this morning and then after I did some laundry, went to Nic’s. Stayed there updating my blog and photos and talking to Mom for nearly 3 hours. Got back around 3:15 and went with Shannon to Funez to pick up a couple of things and Oscar told us about the gran carrera de cintas so we went over to check it out. There were little things hanging from a string and one at a time, the guys would ride their horses really fast under it and had to use a little stick to get the cinta off the string (there was a little ring on the end that they had to get the stick in to be able to pull it off the string). When they’d get one, they went back to the center part and a girl would put a bandana on them and give them a kiss on the cheek. It started raining again while we were there and we came back to the house and I finished my laundry and worked on journaling and photos.
I worked on choosing photos for Mom to print and bring for the kids, and then went to Golosinas Jared with Danny for dinner, and then to watch a movie with him and his friend Mandito.

PHOTOS: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100447663780098.2834251.10735354&l=018775cac6

No comments:

Post a Comment