4/27
Six kids came to class this morning, including one for the 8:00 class. We went over some new words and questions and answers about what we do in each room. They go crazy for the wheel game, so we played that again with more words and using the ones that were there from before with body parts, as well as the colors that the wheel is painted.
After class, I took the bus into Ceiba (no stops, so just stand outside the house and flag it down when it comes by) and then from the last stop took a taxi to the mall, so I could get a new camera and a Tigo mobile internet stick/card for my computer so I can have internet at the house.
Around 3, Oriana, Axa, and Abigail came over to play Connect Four, and then at 4, Abigail and I went over to the English school for class at 4. She was the only student for that class, but there are only 3 total since it’s an advanced class that we created for Abigail since she’s so good and catches on really fast. With her, I was able to go over the questions we did in the morning classes, a few verbs, possessive pronouns, and vocab words for things that are found in a different rooms.
This evening, we had the first English class for adults. The adult class was a lot of fun!! It's nice to have some variety, and the class is a great mix of people. A couple of them are police officers and came in their uniforms looking all official, there were a couple middle-aged women, a couple younger women, and some random guys. Only 10 showed up today (24 signed up), but they were really eager -- at first Martyn told me to tell them we’d only do one night a week since there aren’t very many students, but they were like, why?! So I asked if we did 2 nights a week, if they'd come both nights, and they said yes, so hopefully they will continue to come and bring their friends! I’m also glad I was there because Martyn (the guy that led the class tonight) doesn’t really speak Spanish, so I ended up translating a lot for him. Today we went over “How are you?” and a bunch of answers, the colors, and things that are those colors, and played a game using the colors/names of things. I’m looking forward to class tomorrow!
PHOTOS: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10100359599097428.2804941.10735354&l=518b6851df
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment